To build Microsoft Access applications with longevity in mind, consider using VBA Class Modules. Some of the benefits of Class Modules are:
- Makes your code well-organized
- Makes code easier to read and maintain
- Better organized code is easier to test and therefore more reliable
- It allows us to build an application one block at a time.
- It is much easier to test individual parts of an application.
- Updating code won’t cause problems in other parts of the application.
- It is easy to add objects between applications.
Class Modules require a little more thought and effort up-front but once you implement them, you will wonder how you lived without them in the past and you will thank yourself with each application modification you make.
For a great run-through of using VBA Class Modules, visit: http://www.msaccesstips.com/2018/10/ms-access-base-class-and-derived-objects.html
to read several great articles by a.p.r. pillai.