We recently had to rapidly create a portal to allow customers to register for free IOS and Android apps that allow users to view their Epicor Prophet 21 customer and contact data on their iPhone or Android devices. We were able to achieve this in a couple of days using Microsoft LightSwitch. If you have a need to quickly spin up a data-driven ASP.Net web app, give LightSwitch a try.
Some official Microsoft LightSwitch content is below.
“Visual Studio LightSwitch is a development environment designed to simplify and shorten the development of businesses applications and data services. LightSwitch makes it easy to create data-centric business applications that can consume a variety of data sources and create clients that can run on a variety of devices. With LightSwitch you can:
- Build HTML5-based apps that run on all modern devices
- Consume and aggregate multiple data sources like databases, SharePoint and OData
- Eliminate plumbing code and focus on what makes your application unique
- Have flexible deployment and cloud hosting options including Azure and Office 365
- Trust that your solution is built on best-of-breed technologies and practices”